Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: stiff solid pool cover

1. Back To Top    #1

stiff solid pool cover

Hey Guys,
    First closing for me went well thanks to all of your help. I had a question about my solid pool cover. After it being stored and rolled up all summer, it's not even close to fitting all the pegs. I had to loosen most of the straps to get the the loop and spring assembly onto the peg. Will it be easier after a couple days to tighten the straps closer to where they were last year?

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: stiff solid pool cover

It'll probably relax a little if you get a good sunshiny day or two on it. Don't be surprised if it never goes back to exactly where it was though.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok, That's exactly what I was thinking but I wanted a feeling of comfort from you all.

4. Back To Top    #4

South Central NJ

How old is the cover?
    Solid covers often dry and shrink.
    The webbing doesn't normally, just the vinyl. The webbing is usually polypropylene, which is very tough stuff.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.