power went off..now cant get power to pool?

4x4tx

Jul 23, 2007
Greater Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
checked all of my trips and the breaker but everything appears to be ok....but not power to the pool...is it possible the pool breaker shorted out? Anything else to check before pulling the breaker?

I did flip all pool breakers....no luck....anything to look at on the jandy inside panel or the outside panel?

weird deal..about 4-5 hrs after the power went out, the panel came back on? is there by chance a safety device for power outages so they maybe puts a delay on power being returned to the pool?

Wow - I sure hope that some Jandy expert comes along and explains some built-in feature for that, but I'm thinking that it's something else. Like a bad connection somewhere. You'll want to have your electrical feed for the pool checked carefully.
There are some devices which delay power-ups to protect systems like air conditioner compressors, but those delays are usually about minutes. 4-5 hours? Not so much.

timer is all electroni and there was no power and then all of the suden there was power.....i have no explanation except i am glad its back on! lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Try and pay attention to the start and stop times. If my theory is correct, (clock reset to midnight when power went off, just like a good old VCR) then it will be going on and off at different times than it did before.

A bit late but this might provide some insight and more importantly some peace of mind.

A while back I was having a weird problem with a Pentair pump, unrelated to your problem but I think I stumbled onto your answer nevertheless.

In the course of diagnosing my problem I was directed by Pentair to the manufacturer of the motor of the said pump.
My question was related to input voltage.

The technician explained to me that all their pool (pump) motors have a built-in reset on them that would trip if the motor is not turning at the design rpm. (so my issue was not voltage)
My guess is that a power fluctuation before or after the outage would have altered your motor rpm therefore tripping this built-in reset.
According to what he told me, it resets by itself after a while but did not specify what "a while" was, neither did I ask.
Not sure if that is what happened to you but it certainly fits.
Hope this sheds some light on your weird event...

Wow wonder I'f that is my issue again.....today my pump suddenly stopped...now when I turn it on I just hear a hum....then nothing....did my pump just die?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Its closed up--no way to manually turn is there? Its a whisper flow pump circa 99-00

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

I guess I could...is that a common problem, for it to freeze up and then start up fine again after manually turning it? If not I will just call out warranty people, maybe they will give me a new pump

Pool company replaced the capacitor ..all is good again lol...now how much should that repair cost?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.