There are several positions on the filter valve. What does each position do?
- Water is distributed onto the sand bed. The water flows downward through the sand bed as dirt and debris are captured by the sand. The clean water enters into the distribution system at the bottom of the tank. This clean water is pushed up the center standpipe and returned back to the pool.
- Water is directed into the center standpipe and enters the distribution system at the bottom of the tank. The water flows upward through the sand bed washing the dirt and debris up and out of the filter through the waste line.
- Water is distributed onto the sand bed. The water flows downward through the sand bed to settle it after backwashing. The water enters the distribution system at the bottom of the tank and is pushed up the center standpipe and discharged out the waste line. (Note: This position is not found on all valves and is only used after backwashing.)
- Water flows directly through the valve and is returned back to the pool. This position is used if you do not want to circulate water into the sand bed.
- Water flows directly through the valve and out the waste line. This position can also be used to vacuum heavy amounts of debris to waste.
- Water will not flow in or out of the valve. If pool equipment is below the water level, use this position when cleaning the hair and lint strainer on the pump. It will prevent water from flowing from the pool through the return line.
Winterize- This position lifts the diverter up from the valve plate to keep the diverter gasket from flattening out during off-season. It also allows air to enter the tank when draining.