polaris 280 vs 380

Oct 1, 2010
Hi,

I am new here..

What is the difference between the Polaris 280 and 380?

I have a pool with a polaris booster pump and really old polaris unit (not sure what it is).. that does not operate very well.

I know there are repair kits but with a $150 rebate.. it looks like I can get a new 380 for $400 or so.

Thanks,

George

I've never had to replace the gear drives on 280s - I'm always replacing belts on 360s/380s... that, and the 280 is cheaper - and in my experience does as good (if not better, but tough to determine) as the 380.

There might not be much difference in performance, but the ease of homeowner repair and in my experience durability, you can't beat the 280. I hate working on the 380 and always recommend the 280.

I have a 280 I like it very much, does a very nice job with silt bag. The only thing that i don't like about it is, That for some reason I break the axles off all the time... Its not a big deal to fix as long as you have extras around. And i do now.. I think the reason they break is from hitting the sides of the pool.. Other then that I would not be without it..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.