Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this worth the $$$$

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this worth the $$$$

Closing our pool on the 20th and still can't decide on this closing option from our pool company.
    Winter Service Option~$220.00
    Pool company will perform 2 winter services. One during late Nov/early Dec and second during late March/early April. They drain extra water, add winter algaecide, test and cirulate the water. Add any balancing chemicals (like MA). The MA is extra...not included in the $220 price.
    Does this seem worth the money?
    I am worried about the PH...every week I need to add 2 qts. of MA to keep the ph in the 7.5 range. I can't imagine what the ph will be like opening in April 2011! I really don't want to have to deal with scaling in the spring!
    Any input will be appreciated.
    28,000 IG Free Form Gunite with quartz finish
    Pentair Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS+SVRS
    Polaris 280, Sta-Rite 400K Heater-Propane

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is this worth the $$$$

Fair price in my neck of the woods (NJ)

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by mamasproject
    I am worried about the PH...every week I need to add 2 qts. of MA to keep the ph in the 7.5 range. I can't imagine what the ph will be like opening in April 2011! I really don't want to have to deal with scaling in the spring!
    I am hoping someone will address this concern. I would like to know.
    19,800 gallons (closed/winter 18,654 gal); plaster; 18x34 Ft kidney bean shape, Depth 3Ft-5Ft. Built 1992
    Pentair Whisper Flow Pump 1HP. Winter safety cover w anchors.
    Sand filter, Pentair Sand Dollar Top Mount Model SD80; Effective Filtration Area 3.5SF
    - FlowRate 75GPM, 8Hr 36,000, 10Hr 45,000, 12Hr 54,000; Pressure Weight 50PSI
    BBB (Hayward Chlorinator when leave town). Polaris 360 cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

New plaster? How old?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

I am not the o p, but FWIW, my re-plaster was new in 2006, the summer of 2009 the plaster was perfect, upon opening in March 2010 the plaster had scaling- pH got too high for too long over the winter- I'll be monitoring pH in future winters.
    My pool takes about 31 oz of M Acid every 7 days in the summer/now ( was more frequent but help from others on TFP has got it to the7 day range).
    19,800 gallons (closed/winter 18,654 gal); plaster; 18x34 Ft kidney bean shape, Depth 3Ft-5Ft. Built 1992
    Sand filter, Pentair Sand Dollar Top Mount Model SD80; Effective Filtration Area 3.5SF

6. Back To Top    #6

Johnny B or OP...if you could post your latest full test results, we may be able to help you out. JH...if your plaster is now 4 years old and your TA is around 70-80, your PH should remain pretty stable if the pool is covered for the winter.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

7. Back To Top    #7

dmanb2b, thanks but the guys are helping me on a separte thread.