local pool stores and BBB

filix

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2010
maine
I'm very new at this. I have noticed that a few local pool stores are on to the BBB method. They made negative remarks about it. They told me, you have to take care of your pool and test your water often. We have a few people that come in to our store that acually put baking soda and 20 mule team in their pool! He said thats crazy! Those people have nothing but trouble with their water. I guess its alot like the antique buissnes. When antique road show came on the seen, it taught people what to look for. So the antique dealers no longer had the upper hand.

filix said:
They told me, you have to take care of your pool and test your water often.....Those people have nothing but trouble with their water.

If you think that "testing your water often" is "nothing but trouble" then he is right.

But we think that you can test your water often and never have any trouble.

filix said:
They told me, you have to take care of your pool and test your water often.

Yea, much better to to test less often, end up w problems, then go to the PStore for an expensive fix

We have a few people that come in to our store that acually put baking soda and 20 mule team in their pool! He said thats crazy!
11th grade chemistry

He's right! Why would anyone put Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate) from the grocery store in their pool when he can sell you Alkalinity Increaser (Sodium Bicarbonate) instead? Why - it's just plain crazy to buy cheaper products without the fancy container and nifty graphics!

Frequent, accurate testing is more the basis of BBB than who makes the actual products you dump in. As long as you know what you're dumping in.

The last time I was in Leslie's, looking for some R-0012 reagent, which they were out of, some girl came in with a water sample. It was like a bad accident...I didn't want to listen, but there's that morbid curiosity... The counterman asked her how big the pool was. She said, "Big." A few questions later, it was determined that 30,000 gallons sounded familiar -her father knows for sure. And the water was green. Now, how can someone recommend water treatment not having a clue how much water they're treating? That's crazy. But it didn't stop the guy from starting the testing. I left before I got to see the wheelbarrow of products they had to have sold her.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.