Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa jets keep popping off - anyone else have this problem?

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa jets keep popping off - anyone else have this problem?

Our pool/spa is recently completed (August).
    The semi-circular spa has 6 jets in it, powered by a dedicated 2.5hp pump.

The spa jets are the Waterway brand jets - 3 of them are standard, and 3 are the dual nozzle spinning type.

Regardless of the spray pattern, the jets all fit the same way. You simply hold the scalloped face ring and push the jet
    into the fitting that screws into the wall of the spa. They hold themselves in place with 2 plastic tabs that snap into place.

I have gone through 2 replacement jets trying to get them to stay in place. Now it appears a third pops off when I turn the spa jet pump on.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was your solution?

I am tempted to use PVC glue and glue the jet into the fitting - it will no longer be adjustable in terms of power, but that would be better than having it pop off all the time. I am at wits end. Are there other jet options with a better design I should look at?

Thank you!

Slade
    =====================================
    17K gallon IG freeform Pebble-Tec pool w/ raised spa/waterfall, Hayward 6020 DE filter, Tristar 1 HP circulation pump, Tristar 2.5 HP spa pump, Silencer 2hp blower, Aquarite SWG, Polaris 280 w/ booster pump, Hayward Universal H-Series 400K LPG heater, Ultrapure Ozonator 25, Aqualogic PS-8

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spa jets keep popping off - anyone else have this problem?

That 2.5 HP pump might be too much pump for only 6 jets.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Spa jets keep popping off - anyone else have this problem?

I thought of that, and it certainly does push pretty hard. The twin rotating nozzle jets draw 25 gpm, so it is pretty easy to overwhelm a pump.
    There is definitely a fine line there, but the other 3 jets have stayed on fine (for now anyways).
    =====================================
    17K gallon IG freeform Pebble-Tec pool w/ raised spa/waterfall, Hayward 6020 DE filter, Tristar 1 HP circulation pump, Tristar 2.5 HP spa pump, Silencer 2hp blower, Aquarite SWG, Polaris 280 w/ booster pump, Hayward Universal H-Series 400K LPG heater, Ultrapure Ozonator 25, Aqualogic PS-8