Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello there!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello there!

Time to join in the fun, I'm a new member who recently purchased a house with a used 1995 pool. I look forward to educating myself and soaking in as much as my pee-brain will tolerate. I'm still trying to collect stats on the pool and I need to ditch the 3-way test kit for something more informative, so my questions can be answered more thoroughly. Aside from some high TH & TA, and some severe copper deposits everything appears to be running fine, but I don't want to post results until I get a better test kit and have a store test it as well. One thing I can say is it appears the previous owner/pool cleaner thought excessive hocky-puck chlorination was the answer to everything, even if it means replacing their heater core. Anyways, it's good to find a place for pool people who like to do things for themselves and be involved in the process, take care...Jason
    7,287 Gallons, IG Gunnite Pool/Spa, Cartridge, Polaris 380

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello there!

Welcome, Iv'e been a pool owner for just under a year, this site has been invaluable
    read 'pool school' and git yerself a good test kit!

cheers
    33k Gunite, CompuPool CPSC48 SWG, Sta-Rite System 3 DE, 2.25hp dual-speed, POOLVERGNUEGEN Pressure-side

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP

You will want a TF100 from TFtestkits.net or a taylor k2006. Either will do just fine

pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi Jason and welcome to the forum

We always have room for another pool owner in Texas

Yep, you need a good test kit. See my sig.

btw, how did you come up with the gallons (7,287) in your pool?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by acroy
    Welcome, Iv'e been a pool owner for just under a year, this site has been invaluable
    read 'pool school' and git yerself a good test kit!

cheers
    Thank you, I've now read the Pool School from top to bottom! Up in dallas? Are you going to close your pool this winter?

Quote Originally Posted by dmanb2b
    Welcome to TFP

You will want a TF100 from TFtestkits.net or a taylor k2006. Either will do just fine

pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison
    Thanks you, I wish I had figure that out before I joined the forum. I just bought one for like 30 bucks last weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    btw, how did you come up with the gallons (7,287) in your pool?
    I called the Pool company that put in the pool, and they had that information on-hand. I have an email in to them asking for more stats, like how long will it take the pump to turnover the pool in the low/high settings so I can minimize run time.

I'm also trying to figure out if I can run my spa (only the spa) with the pump on high, without blowing something up... I've already ran it that way, before I figured out I could run the heater with the pump on low, so long as the pool was disconnected from the spa.

I try to make all my newbie mistakes all at once...
    7,287 Gallons, IG Gunnite Pool/Spa, Cartridge, Polaris 380

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP!