Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Pump Timer

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Pump Timer

I had my pool installed this summer. I was out of town when the electrician came to do the electrical work.

With hydro costs as high as they are I would like to be able to have my stuff on a timer so I don't run the equipment 24/7.

Is this something I would be able to do on my own or should I have an electrician come back to do it?
    76549 Liters -- Cartridge Filter -- In Ground -- Vinyl -- TF-100 Test Kit -- AquaVac Robotic Cleaner -- UV Sanitation -- Winter Safety Cover -- Installed 2010 -- Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Latest Test Results June 25:
    FC - 6, CC - 0, CYA - 40, CH - 110, TA - 90, pH - 7.5

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Pump Timer

It all depends on how your pump is connected (plug-in or hardwired) and how handy with electrical stuff you are. Give us more info and we'll be able to better advise you.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

It is hardwired
    76549 Liters -- Cartridge Filter -- In Ground -- Vinyl -- TF-100 Test Kit -- AquaVac Robotic Cleaner -- UV Sanitation -- Winter Safety Cover -- Installed 2010 -- Southwestern Ontario, Canada

4. Back To Top    #4

With a hardwired pump it depends on how handy you are with electricity. You'll have to disconnect and then wire the timer into the circuit. You'll also need to know if it's 120 or 240 volts.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I think I will be calling an electrician, LOL.

Thanks