I'm so glad to have found this website. I've never had a pool before and just had one built and tons of problems with the builder.
Anyway, I noticed the builder installed a different main pump compared what was stated in the contract was wondering if the pump was comparable? The contract has Hayward NorthStar 2 speed (2.0 HP) pump as the main pump, however, they install a Hayward TriStar SP3215Z1M instead.
Checking Hayward's website I found "SP3215', but can't find any models that match the last three ("Z1M") letters and the digit.
Are these two pump comparable? I think the TriStar is a single speed pump. I'm concerned since the builder also installed a lower models on other equipment as well. I'm wondering if I should insist on getting the NorthStar installed or just leave it. Is this pump enough power for my pool size?
Here are some details about my Pool and Spa:
* Approximately 20K gallons
* Raised SPA with spill way to the pool. I'm told the SPA and the Pool share the same pump. There is a separate booster pump (Hayward 600) installed for the jets.
* Waterfall pumped by Hayward TriStar (1 HP) SP3207Z1M.
* Hayward Prologic PL-PS-8 with Aquapod remote
* Filter Hayward C5025
* Heater Hayward H400FDP
* Lights: Hayward Colorlogic (not sure if they installed 2.5 or 4.0. The builder doesn't know either, so lights can't be programed yet.)
* UltraPure UPP/SPP 15 (the contract stated UPP/SPP 25 should have been installed)
* Rainbow 320 in-line chlorinator
* Polaris 280
I would appreciate some help. I'm having a nightmare of time dealing with this builder. The builder has installed so many things incorrectly and I'm just beginning to uncover these as I get more educated about the pool and the equipment.