Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: quick question on pool cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Kernersville, NC

quick question on pool cover

Last spring when i opened my pool i noticed that the winch on my cable broke for the pool cover. This year i built a deck off the side of the pool, would it be ok to anchor the cover to the deck and then hang bleach bottles filled with water off the remaining sides of the pool. Or should i just suck it up and bay the 20 bucks for the new cable and winch.
    AGP (Wil-Par): 24' round, approx 14,000 gallon, 2 hp- 2 speed cartridge filter, TF100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: quick question on pool cover

Deck anchoring and bleach bottles will work fine. I don't like the cable & winch anyway. Too much possibility of damaging the wall or uprights.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: quick question on pool cover

I use 2 1'x8' waterbags where deck meets the pool and then attached two screw anchors on each side of the deck to attach the cable basically 3 quarters of the cover is secured with the cable. I guess I just don't like staring at bleach bottles hanging off the sides of the pool Unfortunately it doesn't save you from having to buy another winch, although I'm thinking you could find them pretty cheap on e-bay.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator