I'm not sure where to post this topic? Sorry if it shouldn't be here.
Well I successfully used the BBB method for a complete season that started with a completely green swamp for a pool. So I thought that was a good thing until today. Now I'm questioning it? I talked with the manufacturer of my fiberglass pool. I described some blisters that I have on/under the surface of my pool. The first question he asked is if I am using liquid chlorine/shock for my sanitizer. I was so surprised.
Of course I said yes, and He said that(liquid bleach/chlorine) is the problem. I don't know why, but He said that over 15 years of experience has shown that to be true with Sun fiberglass pools. That is the brand I have. I asked what other possibilities. He said it could have been something to do with the manufacturing process.
I am new to owning this pool. Maybe the blisters were there before? Maybe they weren't? Maybe they were not that bad this spring and they got worse over the summer. I don't know, but I am certainly disappointed at the thought that I might have to stop using liquid shock as my sanitizer. My main source this year was pool store shock 10% I was paying $10 for four gallons.
Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts on the subject as I consider next year?
As a side note, they recommend using two pucks every 10 to 14 days at a setting of 2 of 5. Target FC level of 1.0 ppm. And then Calcium hypo like once a week. I am just confused and disappointed at this point.
BBB and this forum has been great this year. I realize if I have to switch to pucks and powder shock that I will still use my good test kit and the good knowledge of this forum.
Thanks for listening to my problems.