I am preparing pool for closing and I shocked the pool but my TA and PH are high and can't get to low. Need help with it.
FC 18 (It was 23 after shock and reduced by 5ppm in 24hrs, I used BBB method.)
I added Dry Acid 3lbs by mixing it in water to the pool. Ph came down to 7.8 after 1hour, but went back to 8.2 by end of the day.
What should I do?
1. Should I be reducing the Ph to 7.2 - 7.4 and TA to 80 -90 before closing?
2. Or does it matter if Ph his high before closing?
3. Will it affect my new Vinyl?