"greased watermelon" - fun, but now regretting it...

Melt In The Sun

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Hi all,
We had a big party for the church youth group on saturday, and decided we'd be good sports and let them play greased (well, vaselined) watermelon football in the pool. That was hilarious to watch, but left a slightly bigger mess than I had anticipated...

Now we have a film of vaseline all around the waterline tile. Any tips on removing this? The water is cleared (finally had a use for that leftover Pool Perfect enzyme treatment from the previous owners!), but it's just a sticky goopy mess just above the water. I was thinking of just using dish soap and a sponge to clean off the tile, then upping the chlorine a little to break down the leftover soap. Thoughts?

I did the same thing. "What harm could there be?" I thought... I wound up using an enzyme based additive, and then just going around the pool with paper towels and wiping the tiles down. I wound up using the additive several times more, but only a few ounces at a time. Looks good now...

Thanks for the tips everyone. We ended up cleaning all the pool toys with soap and water, wiping down the tiles, then upping the water level to the bottom of the coping and adding the enzyme treatment. Seems to have worked well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.