Muriatic Acid + Vinyl Liner?

Jun 25, 2010
Upstate New York
So, our pH is high (8.2+) and so is our TA (120). Pool Calc says to add MA, so I'm ready to buy some. DH goes on a pool store web site that says MA is not for vinyl liners. If not MA, than what? I can't seem to find that same info here, but maybe I haven't looked hard enough. Can someone advise? Also, we are getting ready to close, so have the FC up at 15 for an overnight test. I read somewhere else on this site to wait til the FC drops below 10 to trust the pH test, so I am sort of in limbo right now. Thoughts? Thanks in advance--every time I come here I get excellent help!

What he said.

If you have a plastic bucket lying around, scoop up some water from the pool, measure and add your acid to that, then slowly pour the diluted acid in front of the return, as far as you can reach away from the edge. If you want to be even more certain that you don't create a "hot spot" with the acid, grab the brush and go to it as soon as you're done rinsing out the bucket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.