CYA test

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
I am tryinig to get rid of some algae in my pool. I sent my wife to the pool store to buy some CYA test kit. She came back with a package of pills, and I have no idea what to do with them. The store is now closed and I will not be able to get in touch with them till monday morning. The pills do not have a brand nor any writing on the package :cry:
Is there a standard way to use them and how do I interpret the result !?!?!?
I understand that I am providing too little informations about it, but maybe, I hope :oops: , there's a simple answer to my question.
Cheers from the island of Roatan, where we've just been missed by Tropical Storm Matthew.
Pakal

Thanks Dave. Actually one of the two tablets type is a Palintest. If it's not too much to ask, since the stupid pool store only gave me the tablets, do U know how much water I need to use to dissolve the tablet in ? I will still be missing the graduated tube to read the value, but I will have at least a very rough idea if there's any CYA at all in my water.
P_

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.