Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CYA test

1. Back To Top    #1

CYA test

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
    I am tryinig to get rid of some algae in my pool. I sent my wife to the pool store to buy some CYA test kit. She came back with a package of pills, and I have no idea what to do with them. The store is now closed and I will not be able to get in touch with them till monday morning. The pills do not have a brand nor any writing on the package
    Is there a standard way to use them and how do I interpret the result !?!?!?
    I understand that I am providing too little informations about it, but maybe, I hope , there's a simple answer to my question.
    Cheers from the island of Roatan, where we've just been missed by Tropical Storm Matthew.
    Pakal

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CYA test

Here is the instructions for the Palintest CYA test. It uses tablets.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Dave. Actually one of the two tablets type is a Palintest. If it's not too much to ask, since the stupid pool store only gave me the tablets, do U know how much water I need to use to dissolve the tablet in ? I will still be missing the graduated tube to read the value, but I will have at least a very rough idea if there's any CYA at all in my water.
    P_

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry but i have no idea how much water it takes.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit