Help!! Need a gas orifice for a Jandy LX 400n Low NOx 0-3k

Sep 25, 2010
I live in Southern California and have a Jandy LX 400n Low NOx pool heater built in 2005. Natural gas at sea level. While performing routine maintenance cleaning out the 8 gas orifices of spider webs and such, the threads on one of the orifices snapped off while unscrewing it. I have been on a quest for several weeks to find a replacement and am running out of places to look. Jandy does not sell individual orifices and they want to sell me a complete manifold for $ 230 that I do not need. None of my local pool people have anything to offer but the new manifold. This is a $ 3.00 brass part I need and I am hoping to avoid having to spend over $ 200 on a manifold that all I will do with is unscrew the $ 3.00 part and put the rest on a shelf. I am hoping someone will have a used one they are willing to sell or that someone can point me to a pool heater installer who may have a used one around. The orifices are unique to this model heater that Jandy manufactured for 4 or 5 years before changing the design. My understanding from Jandy is that this particular orifice and manifold were only used from 2003 until 2007 when the design was changed, including a different style manifold and orifices. Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Duke Buddy

Thanks. That is a good idea and may be my last resort. Cheaper than the new manifold. I am hoping someone will find the part in an old heater or manifold being replaced. It just boggles me that it will cost so much to replace such a simple and inexpensive part.

Duke Buddy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.