Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deck/Coping Renovation - Illinois

1. Back To Top    #1

Deck/Coping Renovation - Illinois

In the process of looking for a good paver/brick installer in the Chicagoland area for a pool renovation. Going to redo all of the deck/coping around an in-ground pool - totaling approximately 1900 sq feet. Any recommendations on contractors or even what materials I should be considering?

I was initially considering concrete for both the deck and the coping, but now I'm thinking brick/stone might be the way to go due to the fact that I won't have to redo it again. My current concrete is approximately 25 years old, but the topping (like sundeck) is only 3 years old and is showing several cracks. Also, the cost of doing the concrete, then the topping, is probably close to what stone/brick would cost.

The deck is lifting away from the pool so it's definitely time for a fix. The project also includes replastering (diamondbrite, pb, etc) and tile (probably to be done separately than the deck)

2. Back To Top    #2
    The Triangle, NC

Re: Deck/Coping Renovation - Illinois

Hi there~

Welcome to the website!

You may wish to post your questions also on in the forum for your area.

I love my pavers, but they certainly do get hot in the sun; you've perhaps been spoiled by your sundeck, and you may miss it if you have no shade around your pool.

Good luck with your renovation project~~

25,000 gallon, refurbished 1960's inground concrete, Jandy sand filter w Jandy 1.5hp single-speed pump, Pool Pilot Digital SWCG+Chemtrol 2100+CO2 tank; PebbleTec White Pearl with 10% Cobalt Blue Dark Beadcrete by Olympic Pool Plastering, Georgia. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit; Aqua Check Salt test; LaMotte borates test, and Jack's Magic Sequest test kit; SparklyPoolitis level: extremely high.