Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: vacuum hose

1. Back To Top    #1

vacuum hose

We have a lot of dust here. Even though I keep the pool covered, some dust inevitably gets in and it settles to the bottom where the skimmer can't help. Is it is acceptable to leave the vacuum hose on the bottom while pump is running to keep the bottom a little clearer? I know I have to vacuum properly to get all the corners, but I'm talking in between times. What do you think?
    12' round above ground pool. 3,500 gal. Vinyl liner. Waterway Supreme Hi-Flo 48 frame pump. 1.5 hp. SWG. Sand filter with Zeobrite.

Thanks, members of Trouble Free Pool, for being so friendly and informative!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: vacuum hose

Should be fine if you attach a vacuum head to weigh it down, but what you gain in the bottom clearing you will lose in skimming action.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: vacuum hose

Thanks, D-Man, I'm not planning to do it all the time, just when it's really windy and I know there's a lot of dust getting in.
    12' round above ground pool. 3,500 gal. Vinyl liner. Waterway Supreme Hi-Flo 48 frame pump. 1.5 hp. SWG. Sand filter with Zeobrite.

Thanks, members of Trouble Free Pool, for being so friendly and informative!