Pentair IC40 replacement dummy

Sep 15, 2010
Hi new to forum. I am living usually in Mt. Pleasant SC and other time in Islamorada Fl. I built my dream house with a gunnite pool and couldnt be happier. When its hot, the hardest decision is whether to walk the dock and go boating, or just be lazy and stay in the pool. Have a question on a chlorinator and not sure if this is the spot to post. Anyhow about how many hours are left when a "limited life" blinking green lite goes on with a Pentair IC20. I tried a 50% mix of muriatic and water to no avail. This was the first time I tried to clean it in 4 seasons of use. Should I just get another one and where would you suggest? Thanks. Ken

I'm switching back to a non saltwater pool and is there any easy replacement dummy for the above chlorinator? Or just leave it on? I would remove it to possible restriction of water, but I don't want to make one...

I now have relocated to Fl and have an Pentair IC40 which died. Do I need to diconnect it if I switch to traditional chlorine pool? and if I do where can I get a premade dummy?

You can leave the cell in and powered off with no ill effects.

Or you can get the Pentair 520588 Dummy Bypass Cell for $80...

Pentair makes a start up spool that will replace the SWCG.

Mind telling us why you are not going to use the easiest method of chlorinating your pool any longer?

Kenny,

It is your pool and you should do what you want, but it is hard to understand anyone switching from a saltwater pool to standard chlorine pool. :scratch:

I'd just as soon fill my pool in as not have it be a saltwater pool.

Thanks

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.