Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New member with easy question on IC 20

1. Back To Top    #1

New member with easy question on IC 20

Hi new to forum. I am living usually in Mt. Pleasant SC and other time in Islamorada Fl. I built my dream house with a gunnite pool and couldnt be happier. When its hot, the hardest decision is whether to walk the dock and go boating, or just be lazy and stay in the pool. Have a question on a chlorinator and not sure if this is the spot to post. Anyhow about how many hours are left when a "limited life" blinking green lite goes on with a Pentair IC20. I tried a 50% mix of muriatic and water to no avail. This was the first time I tried to clean it in 4 seasons of use. Should I just get another one and where would you suggest? Thanks. Ken
    17,000 gunnite, IG, sand filter, 1hp for filter, and 3/4 hp for Pentair IC20 Chlorinator, Legend Platinum II cleaner, installed 2007

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New member with easy question on IC 20

The warning comes when it's a little over 80% expected life spent.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New member with easy question on IC 20

thanks Scott for the quick response.
    17,000 gunnite, IG, sand filter, 1hp for filter, and 3/4 hp for Pentair IC20 Chlorinator, Legend Platinum II cleaner, installed 2007