Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Closing first time with chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Closing first time with chlorine

Hello everyone! I was using Baquacil for years and converted this year. BTW, if I can do it ANYONE can do it. I had the BEST season ever; not one speck of algae this summer. It's been wonderful.

OK, I know how to shock and close the pool with Baquagoo, however, now that I've been using chlorine I wondered if I have to get the ph, TA, CYA at certain levels before closing. I haven't read anything about it in pool school or in any posts.
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.

2. Back To Top    #2
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool Closing first time with chlorine

Nope, nothing there about the other levels. I do know how to close, clean, etc. PH, TA and CYA, that's my question.
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.

4. Back To Top    #4

Just keep everything in the same range as you do during the summer. ( ph, alk ect)
    SHock the pool really well a few hours before you close the pool. nice and simple
    [center:3gj9kdnn]Matt Heck
    "HECK OF A POOL SERVICE LLC"
    Serving Ocean co. NJ
    COMPANY INFO BELOW
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en ... 2995187987[/center:3gj9kdnn]

5. Back To Top    #5

Great - thanks for the reply. I will probably be closing this weekend and wanted to be sure!