Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: test results

1. Back To Top    #1

test results

ok so the pool was just acid washed and drained. filled back up.

FC: 9
    Cya:80
    TA:80
    Ph:7.4 was at 6.6 2 days ago i turned the jets up to aerate the water to bring it up the cheep way.

looks good. any suggestions please? thanks!!!
    20,000 gal, Cartridge,IG plaster,1 1/2hp motor and flow rate of 90-120, in sunny florida, Great White vacuum. Taking back my pool from the money hole pool store!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: test results

Well, I suggest you not add any more CYA. That means no pucks.

I also suggest you check CH; if you had it acid washed for scaling, you don't want the scale to reappear. Nor do you want to start leaching Calcium out of the plaster.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree with Richard, no more pucks or powder for you!

How are you testing?
    What's your CH?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

i have a tf-100 it try to limit my ch tests because it used alot of chem. i use just liquid bleach and never use pucks. i will go test the ch now and get right back
    20,000 gal, Cartridge,IG plaster,1 1/2hp motor and flow rate of 90-120, in sunny florida, Great White vacuum. Taking back my pool from the money hole pool store!!!

5. Back To Top    #5

Country...is CYA of 80 a typo Or perhaps you added stabilizer after the fill?
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

6. Back To Top    #6

no the pool comp might have done it when the filled it up idk.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy20
    i have a tf-100 it try to limit my ch tests because it used alot of chem. i use just liquid bleach and never use pucks. i will go test the ch now and get right back
    If you have high CH, use a 10 ml sample. Saves time and reagent, and realistically, do you really care if the reading is 610 or 625? It's close enough.

If you expect that your CH level is extremely high, you can do the test so that each drop is 25, instead of 10, to speed up the process and save on reagent usage. Use 10 ml of pool water, 10 drops of R-0010, 3 drops of R-0011L, and multiply the number of drops of R-0012 by 25 to get your CH level. http://www.troublefreepool.com/exten...ns-t25081.html
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

Yea on the CH use a 10 ml sample and then use the following. ( I do not know the exact reagant number, but know the amount of drops to use)

Instead of 25 use 10 ml sample

Also the one that calls for 20 drops on 25 ml sample, use 10 drops on the 10 ml sample
    Also the one that calls for 5 drops on the 25 ml sample, use 3 drops on the 10 ml sample

Each drop of the third reagant where you multiply by 10 when using a 25 ml sample, multiple each drop by 25 on the 10 ml sample.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by mynewpool
    Yea on the CH use a 10 ml sample and then use the following. ( I do not know the exact reagant number, but know the amount of drops to use)

Also the one that calls for 20 drops on 25 ml sample, use 10 drops on the 10 ml sample
    Also the one that calls for 5 drops on the 25 ml sample, use 3 drops on the 10 ml sample

Each drop of the third reagant where you multiply by 10 when using a 25 ml sample, multiple each drop by 25 on the 10 ml sample.

the "official" version

alternate-test-procedures-for-the-tf-test-kit-t1723.html
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by dmanb2b
    Quote Originally Posted by mynewpool

the "official" version

alternate-test-procedures-for-the-tf-test-kit-t1723.html
    Thanks for posting that. That was a lot easier than what I posted haha.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits