Looking for a pool skimmer and pool cleaner solution

Sep 17, 2010
Charlotte, NC
My pool is about 14 by 20 ft, and I currently manually vac and skim it with a net, I am trying to cut this work in half, also I find that debris find there way back in after I finish.

I took some pictures for you guys to look at and help me with recommendations.

from my research I wanted to do the POOLVERGNUEGEN Pool Cleaner, and either the Poolskim or the Pool Devil Pro.
[attachment=2:28qd9mmh]IMAG0032s.jpg[/attachment:28qd9mmh]
[attachment=1:28qd9mmh]IMAG0033s.jpg[/attachment:28qd9mmh]
[attachment=0:28qd9mmh]IMAG0034s.jpg[/attachment:28qd9mmh]

Attachments

• IMAG0032s.jpg
    IMAG0032s.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMAG0033s.jpg
    IMAG0033s.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMAG0034s.jpg
    IMAG0034s.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 147
Your filter is way too small for your pool, so I would look at upgrading that one day also! That would help alot with your water maintenance.

I am a huge fan of the Poolvergnuegen, and it is the only cleaner I am recommending currently. Few moving parts, easy to work on and the thing flat works! It's what is in my pool, and it is the one we sell the most of on our site, and when we are in yards. It is by far the best cleaner I have ever had, and I've had them all!

Having one that works is the key! Good luck on your decision!

any recommendations for the skimmer portion, since i have to plug the pool cleaner into my skimmer line, I was looking for a skimming solution that will work while the pool cleaner is plugged into the skimmer line. Also I want to make sure it will not interfere with my floating chlorine tablet dispenser.

No suggestion for the skimmer, as that is not really the ideal place for the cleaner to go. Poolvergnuegen may have (I have not checked, but I probably should!) an adapter for this application.

I do have a suggestion for the floating chlorine dispenser though: lose it! As you'll read here, we are not big fans of them, except in certain circumstances (going on vacation is one). They add too much CYA over time, the can degrade plaster if they sit in their "favorite spot" over a step for too long, and they are probably the last thing we suggest for maintaining a chlorine residual.

I strongly suggest a Pool Devil (or 2, they're cheap)

It's cut my work in half - as long as the pump is running, it skims the pool very agressivly. It gets the stuff off the top of the pool before it gets waterlogged & sinks to the bottom.

When I mow the lawn the pool gets covered with clippings (windy). The Pool Devil cleans it up in 20-30min. I'll be getting a 2nd for the Fall leaf season.

I also have the Dirt Devil Pro-V suction side cleaner, like a kreepy-krwly but cheaper. It works well enough but does block a suction line. I've hears good things about the ThePoolCleaner cleaners, they have both suction & return side. If I had to do it again, I'd get return-side, as it does not indroduce the gunk into the pool's plumbing & filter basket, and should not get jammed on twigs etc.

Between the Pool Devil and the Dirt Devil, I've not vacuumed my pool this year. I have to fish a few things off the bottom occasionally with a net, that's it.

Cheers

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.