New pool safety cover question

Jul 5, 2010
New York
New pool installed, 20x40 inground vinyl lined concrete, 4x8 fiberglass entry step, 2x6 swimout. Pool patio being installed.
It will be cambridge pavers over concrete base. I will be looking to purchase a safety cover for closing the pool after the season ends.
The pool will be covered 7-8 months out of the year. We get a good amount of snow in the winter here on Long Island , NY.
I may install myself or have the cover supplier install depending on cost and if it makes sense. My one neighbor has a solid cover and says that
its a pain with snow and rain, my other neighbor has mesh and says the water is green when he opens it , so I'm not sure which is better.
There are kids and dogs in the yard all the time. I can see the dogs running across in the winter with snow on it if they dont see the cover.
Any recommedations would be appreciated. Thanks

Solid with mesh panels tend to keep things clean and easy. The paver deck is something I strongly recommend using an experienced installer with. The concrete under the pavers can and will present challenges the installer will be prepared for and chances are the end results will be better.

I recommend getting the masonry collars that are available. This will prevent gouging the pavers when attaching and removing the cover.

Scott

We have one of the newer Ultra Loop Loc covers, it has a couple of mesh drain panels. I love not having to worry about water pooling on the cover, and we get a lot of leaves... as soon as they dry, I can blow them off.

I still get leaves and junk underneath, I guess I need to tighten the cover, so I can't say the pool is sparkly clean on opening, but it's not too bad.

YMMV, but we are very happy with the Ultra solution.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.