Air Pillow

Feb 25, 2010
I have a 5x15 air pillow for my 25x15 oval pool - this will be the third year I've closed and I have still yet to master keeping that thing centered in the pool. It has two grommets on it, one on each end in opposite corners. I center it up and tie it off to the ends of the pool. I can't make it too tight because I don't want the rope to hold the winter cover up but I always leave it tight enough it shouldn't move. EVERY YEAR first bit of wind or rain the thing shifts to one side of the pool .. I can't keep it in place no matter what I do. Does anyone have any suggestions? I thought about filling gallon jugs with water, tying off to them like anchors and dropping them straight down but I have a feeling rain water will just push the cushion and drag them across the pool floor. Any ideas? Rope with stakes to the outside? Help!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but can anyone post a pic of these Air Pillows (or tell me where you get them)? I don't know what they are (we don't close pools here!) but they sound like they may be able to help us solve a problem with our R/O return water.

Thanks in advance!

I gave up on pillows and switched to a big truck inner tube, described here. But, when I had the pillow, I didn't like to strain the grommets. Try this » run a line from one end to the other. If the stantions are not on the end center, go across corner, that'll keep the pillow somewhat in line. Run the line down through the first grommet then up through the second passing the line underneath the pillow, leave about a foot of slack in the line so it can respond a bit to varying level and wind on the cover. Now, tie a line a bit beyond each end of the pillow from one side of the pool to the other, clove hitching it to the center line, again a little slack. This will keep the pillow from sliding along the long line too far and to keep the long line and pillow from moving laterally.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.