New Pool - Filling this Week!

Apr 18, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
After nearly 4 months, we are getting pebble on Wednesday, and then acid wash and fill on Thursday. We are so very excited!! My question to you all is regarding start-up. Since getting the pool started is part of the contract, I assume it is important for me to let the PB handle the initial chemistries, correct? I would also think this could be important to them for the condition of the plaster, is that true too?

I ask because I've read so many posts on this forum about the importance of getting in control of your own chemistries early on. I have a TF-100 test kit (unopened at the moment), have read pool school, and want to get off on the right foot.

Here are fill water results:

FC = 0.5
CC = 2
TC = 2.5
TA = 120
CH = 200
pH = 7.8

Thanks,
-Tim

having him actually balance your chemicals or him just filling it with water and proving to you that it all works is something you will have to discuss with him, preferably sooner than later. either way you will learn quite quickly once you start doing and reading here. sure you have 'read' pool school but right now honestly it means very little because you have yet to apply it, pool school is more like a manual that you should refer to back and forth between the search feature on this forum.

congrats!! pools rule!

Shane1's advice about the warranty is very good. I would also suggest that you ask them to provide you a list of what they add to the pool or, if possible, be there and ask them how much and why of each chemical they put in.

Sometimes PB's put in some totally unnecessary stuff and sometimes they do a nice job. Post back your findings and test results and we'll help you get off to a flying start. :lol:

IIRC, Mission Pools built your pool, correct? If so, they will do the start up in house, and they are very good. You might have a conversation about how much CYA they put in at first, just so you don't end up with too much. Other than that you should be just fine :goodjob:

Congrats, and post up some pics when it is all full and sparkling :cheers: :cheers:

simicrintz said:
IIRC, Mission Pools built your pool, correct? If so, they will do the start up in house, and they are very good. You might have a conversation about how much CYA they put in at first, just so you don't end up with too much. Other than that you should be just fine :goodjob:

Congrats, and post up some pics when it is all full and sparkling :cheers: :cheers:

Yes, Mission has been terrific and they've earned my trust. I think the advice of trying to be here when the add chems is a good one, as I'd like to know what will go in.

Thanks to all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.