Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy pool after swim party

1. Back To Top    #1

Cloudy pool after swim party

My chemistry is checked daily and the water is crystal clear prior to a party. I have an in floor cleaning system which appears to be working quite well. After a party for 15 little girl scouts (age 11) the pool is cloudy. Is this just dust that the cleaner is not getting? Any thoughts?
    17,000 gal in ground with spa, wet edge surface, Paramount PCC 2000 in-floor cleaner,Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 520 Cartridge filter, 3 hp Pentair Intelliflo VS SVRS pump , waterfall with 1 1/2 hp booster, Del ozone Eclipse1 ozonator, puck feeder. Borates added 8/2/2010

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cloudy pool after swim party

15 little girls? LOL I would guess that they introduced some stress on your FC level.

What lots of us do before a pool party is raise the FC a couple ppm's.

If you post your test #'s we could give better info.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

FC 5.5, CC 0, pH 7.8 TA 120, CH 340, CYA 40, Temp 90, Prior to party. So I added 6 cups of 6% chlorine and 4 cups of acid 4 hours prior to party and ran the pump and cleaner until party started.

Usual daily pump run is 8 hours, daily cleaner is 3 hours.

It just occured to me that debris from the waterfall could have washed stuff in that clouded the pool. Waterfall is not on unless we are swimming.
    17,000 gal in ground with spa, wet edge surface, Paramount PCC 2000 in-floor cleaner,Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 520 Cartridge filter, 3 hp Pentair Intelliflo VS SVRS pump , waterfall with 1 1/2 hp booster, Del ozone Eclipse1 ozonator, puck feeder. Borates added 8/2/2010

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

AS butterfly said, that's a really big demand. Just keep your FC upand run the pump 24/7 and it will clear.....usually in just a day or so....sometimes a little longer.

Given all your numbers (pool size, CYA level, number of bathers, etc.) I would think running your FC up to around 8-9ppm would help a lot but I think you'll still get some cloudiness.....that's a lot of swimmers.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School