Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Updated Pool Tip - Itchy Fiberglass on Arms...

1. Back To Top    #1

Updated Pool Tip - Itchy Fiberglass on Arms...

So - I change a lot of filters... And no matter what I do I always wind up walking away with itchy arms. As it comes that time of year when a lot of people on the forum should be considering filter maintenance, I thought I would throw this out there.

My old trick was to use a roll of duct-tape: Put the duct-tape on the roll backwards (sticky-side out) and just roll it over the itchy areas. The sticky will grab the invisible fibers and leave your arms no-longer itchy.

My new trick (I was out of duct-tape ) - I was in the garage after a filter cleaning and had one of those stick-and-peel lint rollers on the shelf:

Just peeled off an old "skin" from the roller, rolled the new sticky side over my arms... and no more itchies!

Hope this helps.

- Jeff
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Updated Pool Tip - Itchy Fiberglass on Arms...

Neat tip. Certainally seems easier on the bod than the duct tape.

Have you tried the hair spray prevention method?
    paint-filter-housing-my-arms-are-so-itchy-t10153.html
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!