will cya hurt the lawn?

Jan 3, 2010
Claremont california
Hello friends,

I am about to dump some of my water to lower my 80 ppm cya level. I was wondering if I could use the water from my pool to irrigate my Saint Agustin lawn. I live in S. Cal and we are currently experiencing a drought. My FC level is at 2 ppm. PH is at 7.6

Please advice, :shock:
George

Soil bacteria (those that survive the chlorine onslaught, so migrate in later) will love the CYA "food" you give to them and will break it down to ammonia giving your lawn an extra nitrogen (fertilizer) boost though the quantity is rather low.

Richard320 said:
Mine seems none the worse for several soakings. And get this - my CYA is now down to 90.

I hope you let the chlorine run low intentionally just for this pumpout/lawn watering, because that's waaaaaay too low to maintain with CYA, well, anywhere.

Yes! that is correct. my intention was to lower the FC so that the water there will be less FC for the lawn.

Thanks,

George

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.