Evaporation

Jun 15, 2010
Well I finished my conversion and what a pleasure. In years past before I used Baquacil I always had a chlorine smell. Since the new kit and a little reading never a smell. Crystal clear.

My question is with my pool how much evaporation should there be? The humidity has been very low(as low as 17% some days)here the last several weeks with little rain and I don't know if I may have a leak or it's just nature.

You can do the bucket test to see if you may have a leak. Take a bucket and fill it part way with pool water. Mark the waterline on the inside of the bucket. Set the bucket on the steps or on the ladder inside the pool and mark where the pool water level is on the outside of the bucket. Leave the bucket undisturbed for at least 24 hours. Again mark the water level for the pool on the outside of the bucket, and the water level for the bucket on the inside. Measure the difference between the marks for the bucket and the pool. The distance between the marks should be about the same if it is evaporation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.