winter cover & shrink wrap?

We have used it here in Middle Tennessee for the past two years. I think it helps to keep the cover in place, we do not have a problem with leaves, etc. blowing up under the cover. We don't skimp on it, and buy the shrinkwrap made for outdoor use. Can't hurt to try it!

I have read on this site (sorry I don't remember by whom) and in an area where there are cold and freezing temps, the shrink wrap will become hard and has been said to fall off the pool. don't know how true this is, but it does make a bit of sense. Just adding my .02 :)

Dora, I heard the same thing from someone at work who said that his shrink wrap came loose and did not really do much for him once our really cold N.E. Ohio winters hit. I am not sure if there is one type of wrap better than others or if this is a regional issue (based on temps and general weather conditions) but it sure disappointed my co-worker for sure.

yes, should have worded it as stretch wrap and not shrink wrap. I was thinking of using industrial stretch wrap that is used in industry to contain product that is shipped. After reading the above comments maybe I will go around the pool a couple of times with Scotch Sealing tape over top of the stretch wrap to try to keep it in place?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I put the shrink wrap on the pool and then put the cover on. I also use an over size cover 24ft for a 21ft pool. This is the best combination. Even in strong winds the cover is very stable. I live in the country and the winds are strong. Before I did this my cover wouldn't last the winter, going on three years now. Oh I also use an inflatable pillow which seems to help with the wind also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.