Clean Filter / Add more Jack's Magic Purple?

Taz

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2010
NE FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hats off to the Pool School. As our pool is still in the startup phase, we've cleaned the cartridge filter 3 times (Day 2, Day 4, and Day 12 (waited a couple extra days as I added granular CYA)). Less milky white (plaster dus)t this time, but still what I believe are softish scale particles. Noticed an immediate 8 psi drop after cleaning our cartridge filter. (Note to other newbies, it's important to screw the bottom plug before starting the pump back up :oops: )

The start-up procedures for our finish recommends an initial quart of Jack’s Magic Metal Solution or Sequa-Sol per 10,000-15,000 gallons of water followed by a second dose after 10 - 14 days and then enough to maintain 10-14 ppm. Although my PB did not add any, I went ahead and added a quart of the Purple stuff on Day two. My thought is to add the second dose but not continue to use it. Thoughts?

Latest Test info:
PH 7.8 (adding 32 oz MA to bring to ~ 7.2 due to PH drift)
FC 6
CC 0
TC 6
TA 110 (down from 150)
CH 400
CYA 50 (will tweak)
Temp 84F

That recommendation is a CYA (not the stabilizer) move on the mfg's part. If you're sure you don't have metals in your fill water you have no need for it.

If you used public water to fill your pool you can get an assay of it from the water authority. You can also have your pool water tested to make sure some didn't get injected somewhere.

I use expensive "city" water so I don't have water problems except for CH and alkalinity. JEA water quality levels for metals are within EPA standards. I was trying to follow pdf startup instructions I found on the mfc.'s web site. Of course my PB started the SWG before 30 days so that's out the window. I did stop them from installing a Nature 2 unit.

Without a compeling reason to add it, I won't.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.