Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Intex Pool Pump Low Flow

Intex Pool Pump Low Flow

I have a intex pump with a 4ft by 15ft pool and the intex saltwater system. My saltwater system is saying there is low flow. i clean out and did the maintenantenance on the salt water system and i put a brand new filter in the water pump. But i think the pump is broken there seems to b a little but of a low flow of water in coming out. I don't know if it has anything to do with me running the pump without a filter for a week. Also now when i open the air release valve on the top of my intex pump water comes out and before air would come out not water. did my pump broke?

Thank U

Re: Intex Pool Pump Low Flow

Welcome to TFP. It is likley a clogged impeller if you ran the pump without a filter. Not sure if that is servicable on the intex units, but if your lines are clear and the is no water movement, it likely your pump and the attached SWG is giving you the appropriate error code for low flow.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator