Pentair Intellichlor IC40 No Power

Hutch

Sep 12, 2010
I had this unit install last year and it was working fine, now there is no lights or power.
The circuit breaker in the EasyTouch panel trips each time it is reset. The flow is good and the cells are clean.

With the breaker tripping as soon as you reset it, you have a short and a bad one. I'd start by turning off all the power and looking at all the wires and boards for burnt or warped components. It sounds like a surge or lightning strike.

Bama Rambler said:
Small white button says GFCI to me. Those also have a toggle handle too unless it's a receptacle.

It's not exactly like your thinking, Dave, but close. There is no toggle; its basically a reset button that acts like a GFI. The actual breaker that sends power to the SWG is usually wired up to the same breaker that runs the pump and the Easytouch box itself. The little white button is on the actual line that feeds the SWG. If thats tripped and cant be reset, it tells me there is a short in the SWG someway. PoolClown actually works on these things and should be able to give more info on how to troubleshoot.

as stated, there is a short between the breaker and the cell. Unplug the cell and see if the breaker stays in. If so, the issue is within the cell/cord. If not, it's inside your power center.

I did unplug the SWG from the EasyTouch panel and the circuit breaker resets ok and the green light is on.
I also contacted Pentair on this problem.
They were very quick on replying back and assigned a pool service tech to check the SWG.
The next day the pool service replaved the IC40 with a newer model. :goodjob:
It has less lights for the salt levels than before, hope it works.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I believe they gave you version 2.0. A lot of the 1.9 version had problems. The new version has 2 lights for salt instead of 3, you are correct. The old version had green for good, yellow for "check salt" (it still made chlorine), and red for low (unit was off). The new version has green for good, and red for low. They got rid of the yellow light. Now the red light doubles as the "check salt" light. It flashes red for check salt, steady red for low.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.