Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Here's a strange question - related to worms

1. Back To Top    #1

Here's a strange question - related to worms

After I opened our IGP for the first time last spring, I found thousands (and I do mean thousands) of worms covering the bottom of the pool. I should have taken a picture to share. Anyway, I am getting ready to close the pool up in a couple of weeks, and was wondering of anyone else has this same problem - ideas to prevent a recurrence? Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Here's a strange question - related to worms

Fish. They'd eat the worms.
    Austin, TX, 15,000 Gallon, Sand Filter, IG plaster, 8 Gallon Liquidator

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

There are usually several reports of worms in the pool. The only prevention I've heard of is to poison the ground around the pool. There may be some barrier you could use but I'm not aware of anything.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I have had them every year..White worm' just clean them out....
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

New Jersey

Yep, vacuum and dump, shock and go. I have a grass surround. Happens every year. Not a problem.
    Current: 28,000G 18'x36' I/G AnthonySylvan Plaster; Waterway 60 sq.ft. DE Filter; 1.0hp x 1.65 SF Two-Speed (B2982) WhisperFlo; 2004-Present
    Previous: 40,000G 20'x40' I/G Koven unlined WWII salvage 5/8" marine steel; Lomart Stainless Sand Filter; 3/4hp Hayward SuperPump; 1946-2003 (managed by me from about 1964)
    Ancient Taylor K-2000, upgraded with Taylor CH, TA, and FAS-DPD, and TFT CYA tests.