1lb.50oz sodium bisulfate
    33lbs 16.0 oz calcium hardness

My pool is a 13594 gal. ABG with SWG
    My salt was perfect
    24ft Seaspray Evoluction ABG
    1.5hp Pentair Dyno
    22in Sandfilter
    AquaTrol SWG
    Milton, FL (NW Florida Panhandle just outside of Pensacola)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: - what next

Quote Originally Posted by stjemmes
    Here are my levels as of this morning

free chlorine = 0.6ppm
    combined chlorine = -0.6
    pH = 7.7
    hardness= 0.0ppm
    alk = 110ppm
    cyanuric acid 35ppm

I was told to add (pool store)
    5lbs of stabilizer
    1lb.50oz sodium bisulfate
    33lbs 16.0 oz calcium hardness

My pool is a 13594 gal. ABG with SWG
    My salt was perfect
    Your vinyl pool doesn't need calcium, but the store owners wallet nneds a refill...

Stabilizer: yes. Let Pool Calculator do the math for you. Then go low with it. You can always add more, but getting rid of CYA is a bear. Ask me how I know.

pH and TA are just getting to the worry level. I'd add enough Muriatic Acid to get pH to about 7.4. With a SWG you'll need to watch that, it will keep climbing. Keeping pH in check will bring TA down in time.

Get some chlorine in there. While waiting for CYA to dissolve, it might be prudent to just use bleach and then fine-tune the SWG when things are stabilized.

Are these your test results, or the pool store's? If you aren't doing your own testing, you're almost certainly wasting time and money on your pool. Check out Pool School. Read the test kit article, then order a TF100 and a speedstir. You'll be thanking me in a month for the tip.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: - what next

Combined chlorine cannot be a negative number, so maybe they measured Total Chlorine at 0 and in order to agree with Free Chlorine measurement they claimed CC was -0.6?

Yeah, you need to do your own testing, you cannot believe these results, even if they do report things so confidently.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.