Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Air compressor to blow out pool lines

Air compressor to blow out pool lines

Anyone know the process and set up for using an air compressor to blow out pool lines when closing? Last year when the PB closed my pool they had a set up which had a pressure gauge, valve, ect. they used to blow the lines (from what I can remember). I don't remember where they attached (skimmer?) to blow the lines or how they hooked up the compressor. I was going to pay them to do it this year and be more observant, but before doing that thought I would fish around here to see if anyone has advise on this.

Thanks,
    Rob
    25K gal vinyl inground, 1HP Hayward Pump, Hayward DE 4820 Filter

Re: Air compressor to blow out pool lines

Try these 2 threads first. Some of this stuff has been answered in a few other places on the site. Look at these for a idea of what's been discussed before and come back to this thread if you have any questions or further clarifications. .

blower-hook-up-t26847.html

how-much-power-does-a-shop-vac-need-for-closing-t26255.html
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.