Need help with a closing dilemma

Jul 24, 2009
Right now the pool chem levels are good. The pump runs all day from 8am-12PM and then 2-7PM. Pool is clear and around 78-80 after I take the clear solar cover off. Some green on the seams of the liner, but nothing bad.

Its been cool outside for the past week and only going to get colder. This is my first year with the pool all went well. I'm currently in the market for a loop-loc and will need to close the pool.

I want to know when I can shut the pump off. I don't like the fact that the pump is on all day and is not being used. I would keep the solar cover off to keep down the algae growth. I don't think the pool cover and closing will be for a couple weeks and don't want the pump running all this time eating up the electricity.

Can I just turn the pump off and watch the water every day to make sure it isn't getting funky b4 the pool guys can do there thing?

kparente said:
Right now the pool chem levels are good. The pump runs all day from 8am-12PM and then 2-7PM. Pool is clear and around 78-80 after I take the clear solar cover off. Some green on the seams of the liner, but nothing bad.

Its been cool outside for the past week and only going to get colder. This is my first year with the pool all went well. I'm currently in the market for a loop-loc and will need to close the pool.

I want to know when I can shut the pump off. I don't like the fact that the pump is on all day and is not being used. I would keep the solar cover off to keep down the algae growth. I don't think the pool cover and closing will be for a couple weeks and don't want the pump running all this time eating up the electricity.

Can I just turn the pump off and watch the water every day to make sure it isn't getting funky b4 the pool guys can do there thing?

I'm new to pools and this year will be the first time I have to close a pool for the winter. I leave my pump running 24/7 and my pool is clear and clean. I'm dreading shuting the pump off for the winter. To help maintain a clear and clean pool the pump needs to be running sometime during the day to circulate the water. To help minimize electricity use only run your pump just long enough to filter your entire pool once. That should be okay. As far as covering and closeing the pool for the winter. I would suggest you read Pool School about closeing pools and do it your self and forego the pool guys. Plus it might just be a lot cheaper :whoot: . I have read Pool School about closing pools for the winter and it isn't hard. I want to take control of my pool closeing so I can open it easier the next season. I will also know what was put into the pool.

Yes, I too look forward to opening and closing on my own. This year there is too much going on. Also I need a professional to install the loop-loc as I don't want the guilt of doing something wrong on the install. After that I can't wait to be on my own.

How do I figure what 1 full cycle of circulation is on my pool. The specs are in my sig.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.