Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Show us why you have "SPARKLYPOOLITIS"

1. Back To Top    #1
    NE Ohio

Show us why you have "SPARKLYPOOLITIS"

Alright everyone, I for one am very bummed at the prospect of another cold, dreary, NE Ohio winter and am DOUBLE bummed that I have to cover my pool, HOWEVER...if each of us could/would post a pic of the reason you have a case of chronic sparklypoolitis it might make it easier for those of us who can't look outside and see our beautiful oasis sparkling in the sunshine get through the upcoming months of blah...
    I'll go first because even though it will be covered, I can come here and enjoy it along with everybody else's.

2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Copperas Cove, Texas

Re: Show us why you have "SPARKLYPOOLITIS"

I agree with you. I'm going to try and keep mine uncovered as long as I can.

Here is my reason.

Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

3. Back To Top    #3

San Rafael, CA USA

We won't be closing until sometime in November when the cost of gas heating the pool will get way too high.

16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

I can't.

My pool is hidden by an ugly blue blubble cover at the moment. I really dislike it. I haven't got any idea what my pool looks like at the moment; intellectually I know it will be clear, as it looked like Dora's when I covered it, and I tested and dosed it less than 24 hours ago, but that's just not the same as stepping out for a smoke and seeing it in all it's sparkliness.

The last couple days have been exceptionally foggy. Very unseasonable here. My wife told me she went out back to work on the garden and saw that pool and felt sad. The grey gloom and the pool all covered made it seem like winter's here already.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Closing the pool? Are you crazy! It is dropping to nearly zero celcius here at night and I have the pool cranked to 34C at the moment, I'll think of closing it when snow stays on the ground overnight...somewhere around the beginning of October. I took a dip this AM and I could see my breath LOL!

I'll post pictures of me swimming with snow around the pool for you early closers.
    55 Kilolitre in-ground 18'X36' vinyl lined kidney shape, 1HP pump, Jacuzzi 250lb sand filter, RayPak Delta T 200K BTU natural gas heater. New PoolWerks "Blue Diffusion" liner on May 26th-2011

6. Back To Top    #6
    Houston, Texas

Try and ignore the feet. My 12 yr old picks strange subjects to photograph!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Just today I received a call from the pool service company, wanting to schedule my pool closing. Looks like I only have until 10/11 to suffer from sparklypoolitis. And then I'll begin to suffer from pure depression, waiting for Spring to come!!

Here is the reason for my ailment....

20'6" X 38'6" (609 sqft)
    22,500 gal gunite/plaster IGP
    DE filter, Jandy 2HP pump, Nature2 Sanitizer (removed cartridge!)
    Raypak 39.9K BTU gas heater
    2 ColorLogic lights, Polaris 360 pool cleaner

8. Back To Top    #8
    East Hartford, Connecticut

I live in the wrong state . . sigh. Someday we will live further south where the winters aren't so long. We usually close our pool around Sept. 21, as I hold out just in case we get some warm, sunny days. Here's what makes me so eternally grateful for this forum:

Summer: 19 x 37 Pacific Graphex IG modified oval, aztec marine vinyl liner, 24,000 gal, 3.5 feet to 8 feet, 1 hp Hayward C4025 Swim Clear 4-cartridge filter, chlorine pucks or bleach depending on CYA levels, 1 super wide mouth skimmer, 4 returns (2 therapy jets in steps), Hayward pool vac ultra, Hayward Heat Pro heat pump, non-curved pool slide, 6' jump board, 12 ml clear solar cover, TF-100 test kit, added salt for feel 1,250 ppm, we had "pink algae" in 2010.
    Winter: Hot Springs Vista Spa, 500 gallons. Using BBB method for the first time and for the first time in ages, the water is crystal clear

9. Back To Top    #9
    Indialantic, FL

Sigh....I don't have sparklypoolitis, alas, I have covetthyneighborspoolitis!

My pool's saga is posted in under construction UPDATE: Florida re-plaster/reno saga continues...THE PICS![/color].

But, I love lookin at everyone elses babies they sure are purdy!

Hopeful in Indialantic
    33K gal shotcrete w/new Florida Gem finish, Pentair Intelliflo VS, ProClean Waterway Filter, Rome TI 130 heatpump, Pentair Intellichlor 40k SWG and Intellibrite 5G spa and pool lights.

10. Back To Top    #10

OK, first time posting photos but now I think I've got it. After editing a bazillion times.

23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

11. Back To Top    #11
    Western Pa.

I have and want PARKLYPOOLITIS for my Grandkids!

30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Pool Rover Jr. ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step

12. Back To Top    #12

hows this!?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Southeast Georgia
    IG 27,000 gallons w/ flow over spa
    Diamond Brite
    74 gpm Sand Filter