I need help..!

Jun 2, 2010
I have an Intex SWG that to be honest has been nothing but trouble for me. I live in the middle east and bought a 24' x 12' above ground pool some months ago. After maybe 2 months I lost all power to the unit, but as I am a little familiar with electrics i traced it to th main transformer being open circuit (a common fault so I have discovered). This I have fixed by bypassing the thermal fuse which is implanted in the circuit, but tonight I have encountered a new problem.
The filter pump starts fine, and will pump till the cows come home, but as soon as the chlorine generation starts the unit just goes dead!
Turn off the switch and turn on again it bursts into life, but after the few minutes waiting time, chlorine generation starts, and BAM, dead.
Anyone please help, I am lost...

I found it!!
There was a cable inside that had gone open circuit! Took me a while but I found it, stripped it back, new piece of wire, new crimp and I'm in.
Scott thanks for your response, luckily this time it wasn't that severe. So far in this unit I've only had the main transformer go open fail, and this wire broken.....
I wouldn't recommend to anyine getting one of these units, save your money, get something that's reliable.
You'll save in the long run, and won't have to ruin the wifes table with bits of motor and transofmer all over it :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.