Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Auto Fill Install Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Auto Fill Install Question

So they shot my shell yesterday and I already have a regret. My fill line (connected to my sprinkler system) runs about 2' under the ground and then up into the pool wall and out onto my sun shelf. That is just the way it worked out. So my question is can I install an auto fill when the pipe would have to go down (after the auto fill bucket) and then back up to get into the pool? Rather than the straight pipe into the pool. I think it should be fine (don't allow air to get in the line) but I just want someone with more experience to reassure me. Or to tell me it won't work and don't try it. Thanks
    25k Gunite, Easytouch, Intelliflo VS3050, TR-60 with ClearPro Technology, 2 Magic Stream Laminars, IC40 SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Auto Fill Install Question

If I'm understanding correctly, it will work fine. As long as the pool and autofill valve (in the bucket) are at the same level, it doesn't matter if the pipe connecting them goes down then up.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden