Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about cell longevity

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about cell longevity

I have the larger Jandy Purelink(Aquapure) and was wondering if there is any difference in projected cell longevity if I run the cell at 80% for 6 hours vs. 40% for 12 hours.

Thanks in advance.
    20k inground, Heyward Sand Filter, Compupool Salt Generator, Blue Pearl Robotic Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA
    Theoretically, it shouldn't make a difference since at both settings, you are really only running it 4.8 hours per day. I think the settings work much like the Aqualogic where they are really duty cycles which turn the unit on and off over a set period of time.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD
    I split off the rather technical discussion of how amps and volts and bipolar cells all interact inside of a SWG to this thread in the Advanced Chemistry section.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School