Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do I need to cut the ladder?

1. Back To Top    #1

Mickleton, NJ

Do I need to cut the ladder?

We have the ladder pictured below. We are currently installing a paver patio with walk way up to the pool. The Walkway will make the ground outside of the pool considerable higher then the bottom of the pool. So we are thinking the best option is to cut the ladder steps on the outside of the pool to shorten them. Has anyone else had to do this? Is there something else we can do instead?

I guess I'm just concerned about getting it right or should I just see if the pool store will take the ladder back and then purchase something else? This is the ladder that came with the pool and I do really like it. We've had it for about six weeks now. ... rices-html
    Currently Pooless

Former Pool:Buster Crabbe resin and steel 30'x15' oval 52" ABG pool Pentair sand dollar filter 1.5 Pentair Dynamo pump13,500 gallons

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Do I need to cut the ladder?

You could ask the pool store what they think, but I don't see anything wrong with cutting the ladder.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden