Upgraded plumbing and thru-wall skimmer for Intex pool.

I am very interested in your upgraded plumbing & thru-wall skimmer, but haven't been able to view the images. Is there something I need to do in order to view them or do they expire after a period of time?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I'm new to this awesome site - from Australia. I'm about to set up my second intex pool - the first was the easy set but the inflatable ring perished after 4 years (happy enough with its life span for the $) the liner was still excellent hence going back for another Intex - this one is a 24" x 12" Ultra Frame (no inflatable bits yay!!!). Like many here I'm going to put my heart in my mouth and cut the liner to fit a wide mouth thru wall skimmer. Until I read this thread I was going to do it with the pool empty but it makes sense to have the liner stretched with water. My question for anyone who has done this is, can the liner be cut including the white band with the stitching (to maximise the pools depth) or am I playing with fire?
Also, for those (like me) who can't see the pics there's a fantastic short video on you tube (from the Middle East judging by the writing) where this model has been completely decked in at ground level! I plan on doing similar (decking completely around the pool) but mine will be off a veranda so not inground - ill post pics (if they work) when I get round to it. In the meantime here is the URL to that fantastic YouTube vid.
http://youtu.be/0LfPDIrhxiQ

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Charlie_R on 7/20/2013 said:
The original posting was in 2010. No doubt that those pics have been moved or otherwise been de-linked. I don't think the OP is active here either.
What Charlie_R stated above still applies. Some of the pics/links may have been impacted when TFP moved to a new software platform in January, or, if the pics were hosted on an external site, the OP may have moved or deleted them.

At this point, anyone having questions on adding a thru-wall skimmer on an Intex pool would probably be better served by starting a new thread. Will leave this thread open in case the OP chooses to re-upload the pics.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.