Hayward Skimmer and main drain questions

Jun 9, 2010
cave creek, AZ
I have a Hayward sp 1070 skimmer. Since I have owned the pool there has never been a weir door installed. Do I need one?

I have also attached a pic of the bottom of the skimmer. Its hard to make out in the picture but one of the holes is plugged with a threaded plug. Is this where my main drain is plumbed to? My main drain has never had any suction. Should I unscrew that plug to give myself some main drain suction? If so, do i need the Float Valve Assembly (I believe this is the flying saucer looking thing) that is listed here?

http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_skimmer ... sp1070.htm

Thanks,

Attachments

• skimmer.jpg
    skimmer.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 116
Thanks for the question...I have the same one (I think or it's very close to the same) and it seems my bottom drain has no suction either. The second hole in mine doesn't have a plug, but has a plate with a screw covering it. Since we bought the house with the existing pool, I don't know all the particulars about the system.

Without seeing the pool and equipment pad, or it's it's plumbing, there isn't enough information to determine why your drains aren't working.

azdaren's pic looks like it has a steel plug. That should be exchanged for a PVC plug. It is an unused port on this application.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.