Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: winterizing an above grond salt water pool

winterizing an above grond salt water pool

New to a salt water pool this year and wondering what I need to do to winterize it. We live in Nova Scotia so I have to completely close it. We have had a pool in the past where we added a winterizing kit, lowered the water level, unhooked the pump and covered the pool for the winter. Do I still add the same winterizing kit?

Thanks!
    My pool is inground, it has about 17000 gallons, the filter is DE, and I think is plaster:)

Re: winterizing an above grond salt water pool

Welcome to TFP....you can use the same procedure as you have in the past, but it's really not necessary. Here is a link to the article in pool school that covers AGP closing. pool-school/winterizing%20and%20closing%20your%20above%20group%20pool

FYI...a saltwater pool is a chlorine pool
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

Re: winterizing an above grond salt water pool

Perfect, that's what I thought but wanted to be sure.
    My pool is inground, it has about 17000 gallons, the filter is DE, and I think is plaster:)