Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Loop-Loc cover question

1. Back To Top    #1

Loop-Loc cover question

Not closing just yet... water was about 88 today The solar cover + solar heaters can do wonders even when the nights are in the 50's.

Anyway, I AM laying plans for the inevitable sometime in October. At any rate, last winter was the first for this pool, and the Loop-Loc cover wore the white coating off of places on our aluminum coping. Seemed to be where the reinforced strips on the cover "rode". I still need to figure out the best paint to use to touch it up (suggestions?), but am thinking I should pad the edges this winter to avoid further damage.

Loop-Loc makes an "Undr-Covr" product, and also suggests using indoor-outdoor carpet pieces. Just thought I'd throw it out to all of the TFP wise ones for any further thoughts or suggestions...

Thanks!

Steve
    29,000 gal. vinyl in-ground mountain lake (freeform); Hayward DE filter, 2 skimmers, AutoPilot SWG, 2 - 4 X 20 Fafco Solar Bears with Goldline control, Aquabot, LoopLoc winter cover, Pool installed March 2009...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Loop-Loc cover question

Rustolium works well for painting the coping. This happens with nearly all covers.

Cheap outdoor carpet works but can fall in when it isn't wide enough. Loop Loc's Undr Covr is attached to the straps by slicing a slit so a cover strap can fit in, keeping it from falling in. The cover slides on the the padding to prevent the wear marks on the coping and also helps to protect it from rough coping.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Hey, thanks Scott! That's just the sort of info I was looking for.

Steve
    29,000 gal. vinyl in-ground mountain lake (freeform); Hayward DE filter, 2 skimmers, AutoPilot SWG, 2 - 4 X 20 Fafco Solar Bears with Goldline control, Aquabot, LoopLoc winter cover, Pool installed March 2009...

4. Back To Top    #4

Steve

Just so ya know, I have the undercover. It helps but will not eliminate your issue. I still touch up the coping every spring.

Jeff
    24,000 gal vinyl Lazy L, 1 hp pump, DE Filter, Pentair 250K heater, Letro Legend pressure side pool sweep