Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Correct test kit?

1. Back To Top    #1

Correct test kit?

I am switching to BBB, carefully. I purchased a test kit at Leslie's today. I am not certain I have the right kit, since the product packaging of the kit I purchased does not match the link from the 'Test Kits Compared' article.

This kit is named 'Complete Poolcare DPD Test Kit' supplied by Taylor Technologies, and includes tests for Chlorine, pH, Alkalinity, Calcium Hardness, Cyanuric Acid. This sounds like a kit that will work.
    35K gallons, StaRite S8D110 DE Filter, Pentair IntelliFlo vs3050 pump, IG gunite

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Correct test kit?

You have the K-2005. Which is the same as K-2006 except for the FAS-DPD test.

You can get that kit seperately if you don't want to return the one you just bought.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

That's the DPD kit it's the Leslies version of the K-2005. What you need is the FAS-DPD complete test kit. It must say FAS-DPD or it isn't the correct kit. Return the one you have and get the FAS-DPD if they have it in stock. If not you can order the K-2006 or the TF-100 online at TFtestkits.net
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for your response. My kit reads 'Complete (FAS-DPD) Chlorine'. Also reads K-2006. I think I have the right test kit now.
    35K gallons, StaRite S8D110 DE Filter, Pentair IntelliFlo vs3050 pump, IG gunite

5. Back To Top    #5

If it says FAS-DPD and K-2006 it's the right kit! Now get out there testing!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

If I bought this same kit, how long does it last before I need to buy refills? Do I need to buy new refills every year (ie, how long can the kit set)? Just curious how that works as I would want to not invalidate my testing by using something that is too old....
    24' Above Ground; Hayward PerFlex D.E. Filter; Hayward 1HP Pump.

7. Back To Top    #7

You'll probably need some reagents by next year but most reagents will last two to three years if stored properly. If you get results you don't believe then it's time to suspect the reagents.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator